Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sewer, I am not...

Kacey, I am blaming this somewhat on you...I read your blog and thought "if she can make Brooklyn a dress, surely I can make Brayden a vest." Well, let's just say that things should be much easier done than they appear. A simple vest....okay, so Halloween is coming and my son, who is still obsessed with cows and horses and everything inbetween, is going to be a cowboy. Grandma Violet bought him the wranglers, we have the boots and stick horse, Nana has the hat - all that is really left if a vest right? Right - how hard can it be? Well, it turns out that I LOVE my mom (however, I knew this all along). She saved the day for us! She (so patiently) helped me make most of it and today we were going to finish it. She showed up in the midst of my 2 year old exhibiting his 2 year-old-ness.....somehow, my kid survived, I survived, and a vest was finished. Skippy saved the day! Seriously, why can't the patterns talk ENGLISH - I had no idea what I was supposed to do, much less what the picture was showing me....oh well!

2 comments:

Clarissa said...

Cute vest! Email me your email so I can invite you.

clarissanorton2@yahoo.com

Cornums said...

Your vest turned out so good. It is so much harder than it looks. And believe me I made tons of mistakes, I just didn't point them out so you wouldn't notice. And I agree with you why can't they explain a pattern in English. It was so confusing I finally just threw it out. Cute costumes though.